Department of “Computer Engineering and Standardization, Certification”
The department was organized in 2004 in the South Kazakhstan Open University, it was called “Naturally-scientific subjects.” In the 2007-2008 academic year in connection with the merger of the South Kazakhstan Open University with International Humanitarian and Technical University the department was renamed the “Naturally-technical subjects”. Since the 2008-2009 academic year the department has its present name “Computer Engineering and Standardization and Certification.” The head of department – Candidate of Science Azhimetova Altynay Bahytzhanovna
The department has a highly qualified staff. The department has 3 doctors of sciences: Professor, Academician of the National Academy of Natural Sciences of Kazakhstan Suleimenov M.K., Professor Baibekov D.S., Professor Shynybaev M.D.; 13 Candidates of Science, including 1 Associate Professor and 5 PhDs; Master and Senior Lecturers.
The department trains bachelors in the following specialties:
• 5B073200 – Standardization, Metrology and Certification;
• 5B070400 – Computer Engineering and Software
Form of study: Full-time
Period of study: 4 years
Characteristic of specialties:
1. 5B073200 – “Standardization, Metrology and Certification”
Academic degree: Bachelor of engineering and technology in specialty 5B073200 – “Standardization, Metrology and Certification”
Employment of the graduates
The graduates of this specialty can work as a:
- State Inspector for quality control of goods and trade;
- Customs inspector;
- State Inspector of procurement and quality of agricultural products;
- State Inspector of Nature Protection;
- State Inspector on the use of water resources;
- Quality inspector bread, fruits, industrial crops and products;
- Inspector for quality control and use of forest products;
- Inspecting engineer for technical supervision.
In addition, graduates of the specialty can work in positions related to the development and documentation of metrological and regulatory support of production:
- a specialist in metrology;
- a specialist on standardization;
- a specialist in technical documentation.
2. 5B070400 – “Computer engineering and Software”
Academic degree: Bachelor of engineering and technology in specialty 5B070400 – “Computer engineering and Software”
Employment of the graduates
Qualification allows the graduates to apply their knowledge and skills in enterprises of various sizes, from small office to large corporations.
The main directions of professional activity:
- Implementation and maintenance of software products at the highest level;
- Database development, incorporating the most advanced technology to create and manage both local and online databases;
- The creation of high-quality Internet portals and servers of various levels of complexity;
- Problem solving software automatic and automated computer control systems.
The department has established and maintains business relations with the Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan, a subsidiary of National Training Center, Institute of Advanced Studies of South Kazakhstan region.
Address: A.Baitursynov st., 80
Naturally-technical faculty +7 (725) 222-14-30 / 125
Department of Computer Engineering, Standardization and Certification